Haleem is a very delightful dish. Usually haleem is prepared with lentil, broken wheat and meat or chicken. During Ramadan mostly cooked in Muslim's house. Some people add dry fruits also. Haleem flavored with lots of whole garam masala and ghee cooked over a very low heat for long time.
Haleem is a complete meal in itself.
Here I presented to you a veg version of Haleem, Cooked with Jack fruit. It turned out to be delicious, smooth and creamy haleem.
Preparation time :- 2 hours for soaking
Cooking time :- 2/1/2 hours
Serves :- 4
- Broken wheat 1 cup
- Lal masoor dal 1/2 cup
- Dhuli moong dal 1/2 cup
- Chana dal 1/2 cup
- Kathal 1/2 kg
- Salt to taste
- Whole black pepper 1tbsp
- Black cardamom 1
- Cinnamon 2 stick
- Kebab chini 1/2 tsp or 6no.
- Patthar ke phool 1tsp
- Pan ki jad 1/4 small piece
- Clove 4
- Bay leaves 1
- Red chili powder 1tsp
- Sliced onions 4 cup
- Ginger, garlic paste 2tbsp
- Deshi ghee 2 cup
- Chopped mint 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander 1tbsp
- Lemon juice 1tbsp
- Curd 2tbsp
- For garnish :-
- Coriander leaves
- Fried onion
- Lemon slice
- Green chili
- Wash and soak dal and daliya separately for 2 hours.
- Peel, wash and cut the kathal into small pieces, marinade with curd, salt and lemon juice keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Heat 1 cup ghee and fry the kathal light golden.
- Now heat more ghee in the same pan and fry the onion till golden and crisp. Keep out them on absorbent paper.
- Boil 4 glass water with all the whole spices and salt.
- Drain and reserve it.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee add roast the dal and daliya together for couple of minutes. Switch off the gas and coarsely grind them.
- Now put dal mixture and kathal in a pan.
- Add salt, red chili powder, fried onion, ginger garlic paste
- Add spiced water which was left over after boiling masala water, lower the heat and cook until the mixture gets mashy.
- Add lemon juice, chopped coriander, mint leaves and ghee mix it well and cook.
- When all the mixture gets thickened switch off the gas.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, lemon slice, green chili and ghee.
- Serve hot .
- You can also add some fried dry fruits.
- I have added all the whole masala in boiling water but you can use it in powder form. in that case crush the pan ki jad by using mortar pascal