Hummus is popular in middle east and in middle eastern cuisine around the globe. Hummus is a dip, spread or a savory dish which is made from boiled chickpeas blended with Tahini, lemon juice, salt and olive oil. All the main ingredients are super food in their own. It has got chickpeas, seasme paste, garlic and olive oil in most traditional version.
Chickpeas are the main ingredient of conventional hummus, which have appreciable amounts of dietary fiber, protein,vitamin b 6, magnesia and other nutrients
Now days we can get hummus in grocery stores but I think the homemade is the best. When I make chole at home I reserve some chickpeas for hummus because my son loves hummus with any type of stuffed paratha. I also use hummus for sandwich. Just spread it on a bread and top it with some cucumber and carrot along with cheese slice.
What is tahini?- tahini is made by grinding sesame seeds into a smooth paste, sometimes the seasme seeds are used as whole and sometimes it is roasted. Just grinned the roasted sesame seeds and blend it into fine paste with some lukewarm water. You can also use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds if you don't have the sesame seeds.
Tahini is a great source of phosphorus and manganese both are good for bones. Consuming sesame seeds may decrease your risk of certain condition such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Garlic supplements are known to boost the function of the immune system. Garlic is an herb that is grown around the world and it related to onion. It has vitamins and minerals like manganese, selenium and other antioxidants
preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
- Boiled chick peas 1 cup
- Fresh green peas 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Garlic Cloves 6 no.
- Tahini paste 1tbsp
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1tbsp
- Peprika powder 1tsp
For Garnish :-
- Coriander leaves
- Seasme seeds
- Soaked and chopped whole red chili
- Olive oil
- Peal and slice the garlic.
- Heat 1tsp oil in a pan add garlic saute till they turn golden and peas stir and mix cook it for 5 minutes on slow heat.
- Switch off the gas allow to cool.
- Now transfer all the ingredients to grinder blend into smooth .
- Make sure mixture gets smooth.
- Transfer into a serving bowl garnish with coriander, Sesame seeds and chili, drizzle the olive oil.
- Serves with pita bread or any type of nachos .
- For Garnish you can use some fresh pomogrante seeds.
- If you don't have tahini make at home. Just blend the roasted Sesame seeds with olive oil.
- You can use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds instead of Sesame seeds.