This month for A to Z recipe challenge we have the word K.
There are a lot of ingredients starting from the word K like karela, kaju, kishmish, kheera, kakdi, kalaunji, kela and my most favorite Kathal and in summers we can easily get Kathal.
First I thought to make Kathal Do Pyaza. But then I thought to make something more interesting, so I decided to make Kathal Moti Pulao.
Originally for Moti Pulao moti is made from egg white. Whipped egg white mixed with salt & white pepper and then that liquid is filled in the goat's intestine and then tied into small pearl shape then boil and discard the intestine will get the perfect pearls out for the pulao.
'Moti' means pearl and in this pulao, the pearl-shaped balls are tossed with cooked rice to add extra flavor to the dish.
But in general vegetarian moti pulao is made using paneer.
Here I have used kathal for moti and made Kathal Moti Pulao.
I make Kathal Moti in appe pan which is healthier than frying it.
For binding, I used cashew nut powder and a little bit of cornflour. I had lots of yellow shadi wale rice (received in shagun at my son's marriage) so made this pulao from that rice which gave it a nice yellow color to my pulao.
Let's start the procedure of Kathal Moti Pulao
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
Cooking Time:- 25 minutes
Recipe Type:- Indian
Author:- Hem Lata Srivastava
Ingredients for Moti:-
- Kathal 1/2 kg
- Cashew nut powder 2 tap
- Cornflour 2 tap
- Salt as per taste
- Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
- White pepper powder 1tsp
- Lemon juice 1tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Oil for shallow frying
Ingredients for Pulao:-
- Rice 3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Whole green pepper 8 no.
- Star anise 1 piece
- Cloves 6 no.
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Whole black cardmom 2 no.
- Green cardmom 4 no.
- Bay leaf 1
- Desi ghee 2 tbsp
For Garnish :-
- Fried onion
- Mint leaves
- First wash the rice and soak them for 10 minutes
- Peel 2 large onions and chop them into slices and fry them until crisp and golden keep our on to a kitchen pepper .
- Peel wash and cut the kathal into small pieces and boil with salt.
- Once it cools discard the seeds if there are.
- Now put the kathal into a mixer kar and make a fine paste.
- Now mix cashew nut powder, salt, white pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, coriander leaves and cornflour, mix it well and make moti shape balls .
- Heat appe pan and shallow fry them until golden. Now cover these balls with silver sheet.
- Heat ghee in a pan or rice cooker add all the ingredients of pulao crackle them add soaked rice and salt.
- Once it boil lower the heat and cook the rice till it done.
- Now mix the moti with cooked rice add fried onion and mint leaves. Mix it carefully.
- Before serving garnish with mint leaves and fried onion.
- Serve hot with any type of Raita.
- I used kathal for moti you can use paneer, chana or banana.
- I used yellow shadi wale rice you can use any rice and for colour use saffron or yellow food colour.
- You can deep fry the moti .