Jamun is a seasonal fruit which is easily available in summers. Popular for its sweet and little sour taste.
It has beneficial properties and is best fruit for diabetic patients. Also for good digestion jamun juice is a great option.
This is the season of jamun and falsa and when you get them easily, you feel like trying to make something new and delicious with it.
Here I have some jamun from my own tree in the backyard and bought some falsa to make jam from them. The taste has turned out to be super delicious.
Falsa is a small berry and it has many beneficial property too. It is a great source of sodium.
You can make falsa sharbat, ice cream and jam.
You can make jam with any fruit but this combination is really fantastic. There is no need to add lemon .
Jam made with chunks and jelly made from juice.
Preparation Time:- 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
- 1/2 kg Jamun
- 250 gm Falsa
- 500 gm Sugar
- 1/2tsp citric acid
- Wash jamun carefully.
- Put them in a thick bottomed pan, add 1/2 cup water and boil them on low heat till they gets soft.
- Once it cools mash them properly and discard all the seeds .
- Now add sugar and cook on medium hot heat till mixture gets thick.
- Add citric acid and mix well.
- Put a drop onto the plate and let it sit for a minute then push the drop with your finger, if it is still runny then cook it for few more minutes otherwise your jam is ready.
- Cool and transfer it to a sterilized jar.
- Use granulated sugar
- You can add little amount of lemon juice bedside citric acid.
- Use soft jamun and falsa .
- Can add preservatives to increase shelf life.