Safed rajma ke seekh kabab
Seekh kebabs are soft and succulent made from mutton or chicken mince, seasoned with various spices such as ginger, garlic, green chilli pepper, powdered chilli and garam masala, as well as lemon juice, cilantro and mint leaves.
Vegetarian seekh kebabs are popular in India and made with beans, carrots, potatoes, cauliflowers and green peas.
Seekh kebab is named after the tool used for their preparation -the skewer or 'seekh'.
Here I present my veg version which is made from white Rajma which I bought from a food stall.
For binding I used boiled raw banana and for richness used malai, you can use boiled potato .
For soaking 4 hours
Other presentation 10 minutes
Cooking Time:- 20 minutes
Recipe Type :- starter
Author:' Hem Lata Srivastava
- White Kidney Beans 2 cup
- Raw Banana 2no.
- Finally chopped carrot 1/2 cup
- Finally chopped beans 1/2 cup
- Roasted chana powder 1 tbsp
- Chopped onion 1/2 cup
- Chopped ginger 1tbsp
- Chopped green chili 1tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Cumin seeds 1tbsp
- Red chili powder 1tbsp
- Desi ghee 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream 1/2 cup
- Cashew nut paste 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf 2no.
- Ghee or butter as required
- Lemon juice 1tbsp
For spice powder:-
- Clove 4 no.
- Cinnamon 1/2 stick
- Black cardamom 1no
- Green cardamom 2 no.
- Mace 1 small piece
- Black pepper 4no.
- Stone flower 1 small piece
- Dry rose petals 1tsp
- Green chutney
- Wash and soak the Rajma for 3 to 4 hours.
- Boil and grate the banana.
- Now boil the Rajma with 1/2 tsp salt and bay leaf till it becomes soft.
- Heat 1/2tsp ghee in a pan and saute the carrot and beans on low heat till they gets soft.
- Meanwhile dry roast the spices which mentioned for spice powder then grinned into fine powder.
- Now blend the Rajma into smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan add cumin as they change the colour add onion, ginger and green chili saute till tranculant do not over cook.
- Now add mashed banana, carrot, beans and rajma mix it well.
- Add red chili powder and spice powder.
- Cook the mixture on low heat for 5 minutes
- Add cream, cashew paste, chana powder, lemon juice and remaining ghee.
- Mix and switch off the gas.
- Make kabab and grill on a non stick pan applying by ghee or butter till golden.
- Serves hot with chutney.
- You can use boiled and mashed potato besides banana.
- Spices can be increase or decrease as per your choice.
- Skip the cashew paste I add it for richness .
- You can use garam masala powder.