Aash sometimes referred to as aush, is a varity of thick soup.
I saw this recipe on a TV show named "Lost recipe" but when I googled, I saw so màny recipes of aash which were totally different.
Usually this recipe is made with tender mutton along with some basic spices and the key thing in this recipe there is that tadka is added 7 times at an interval of every 1 hour.
But as i am vegetarian I always try to make veg version.
I made it with raw jack fruit and followed all the steps as needed.
The recipe turned out to be so delicious.
As I mentioned there are so many recipes of aash but they are totally different from the recipe which I saw on TV, so I followed the recipe which I saw on TV.
As I have made this recipe with raw jack fruit so I gave a little change in this recipe and added the tadka at an interval of half an hour.
The cashew nut paste and cream gives it nice creamy texture.
I think in future I will make more recipes using Jack fruit but when I made this one, I felt so proud of myself 😊😊
Presentation Time:- 10 minutes
Cooking Time:- 3. 40 hours
Serves:- 4 to 6
Author:- Hem lata srivastava
- 1 kg Raw Jack fruit/ Kathal
- Salt as per your taste
- 2 no. Sliced onion
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1tbsp chopped garlic
- 10 no. Black pepper
- 2 stick cinnamon
- 10 cloves
- 1 piece mace
- 1 star anise
- 1tsp White pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2tbsp Cashew nuts paste
- 2tbsp fresh cream
- 4 tbsp fine chopped garlic
- 7 black cardamom
- 4 tbsp desi ghee
- Coriander leaves
- Fresh cream
- There is always a big task of peeling and cutting the jack fruit, so you need to apply the oil on your palm and knife.
- Peel, wash and cut the jack fruit into chunks.
- Now heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add Jack fruit and all the whole spices along with onion, garlic and ginger, Add 4 glass of water.
- Cover and cook for half an hour.
- Meanwhile heat 1/2 tsp ghee add 1tsp chopped garlic and 1 black cardamom.
- Open the lid and pour the tadka over it.
- Again repeat the process after half an hour.
- When the seventh tadka done switch off the gas.
- Now strain the broth heat 1tbsp ghee in a pan add garlic saute until translucent add lower the heat add cashew paste and white pepper powder mix it well add cream.
- Now mash the Jack fruit pieces add to the cream mixture mix it well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now arrange the plate as you wish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves serve hot with bread sticks.
- As I mentioned I have added the tadka in intervals of half an hour.
- I added spices as per my choice you can add more.
- I tried to make it as I saw may be I forgot some step .