Aloo cheela is one of my favorite breakfast which is quite easy to make. As only I am vegetarian in my family so mostly I prefer aloo cheela for myself.
Cheela or chilla is an Indian version of a pancake which is made from various cereals or lentil flours.
I always add aloo or some grated vegetables in my cheela like carrots, cabbage, onions or spinach etc.
Today I made my aloo cheela in mini uttapam pan which is quite easy to make and my mini aloo cheela has turned out to be super delicious.
Potatoes are prepared in many ways: skin-on or peeled, whole or cut up, we can make it with any green vegetable or any leafy vegetable. Also make it in various dishes like aloo dum, aloo chokha, aloo paratha, aloo ka halwa and aloo ka bharta etc.
Potato is a root vegetable and the English word potato comes from Spanish, Patata.
Potato are generally grown from seed potatoes.
Potatoes are packed with antioxidants compound that fight free radicals from causing damage to our cells.
This recipe is made for the event - A-Z Recipe Challenge.
I really thanks to Jolly Makkar who invited me for this lovely event.
Unfortunately I missed season one.
Season 2 - We decided to make the recipes alphabetically with Hindi names. ( A - Anar, Adrak Aloo, Aata.... )
Here is my recipe for hindi word अ (A) I made my favourite aloo ka cheela and I am sure you all love it.
Preparation Time:-.10 minutes
Cooking Time :-15 to 20 minutes
Recipe :- Breakfast
Author:- Hem lata srivastava
- 2 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup refined flour
- 2 Boiled Aloo (large)
- Salt as per taste
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp chat masala powder
- 1tsp Cooking soda
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp Chopped green chili
- 1tsp chopped ginger
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Oil for frying
- Green chutney
- Plain curd
- Sieve the gram flour and refined flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and grate the potatoes.
- Add all the ingredients instead of oil.
- Now put the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Heat uttapam pan pour the mixture lower the heat and cook .
- Now flip the cheela and cook another side till golden.
- Serve hot with chutney and curd.
- You can add raw grated potatoes besides boiled potatoes.
- You can also add some grated carrots or bottle guard.
- Add spices as per your taste.
- I use uttapam pan but you can make it on non stick tava.