Halwa is a sweet pudding recipe and it is mostly made from flour, semolina, lentils and veggies like carrot, pumpkin, black carrot and bottle guard.
We can also make it with beetroot.
Beetroot Halwa is a delicious fudge like pudding made from grated beetroot and for sweetness we can use honey or jaggery, flavored with cardamom powder. Beetroot Halwa is a quick and healthy dessert.
Beetroot is a root vegetable which is also known as red beet, garden beet or beet.
Beetroot is packed with nutrients. It is great source of fiber, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C.
Beetroot has been gaining is popularity as a super Food.
Beetroot can be used in various dishes like sabji, salad, paratha, chop, cutlet and Kebabas.
I also made paniyaram using beetroot.
Preparation Time:-10 minutes
Cooking Time:- 15 minutes
Recipe Type:- Dessert
Author:- Hem Lata Srivastava
- Beetroot 1/2 Kg
- Sugar 2tbsp
- Desi ghee 1tbsp
- Mawa 100gm
- Cardamom powder 1tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Full cream milk 1cup
- Chopped nuts 2tsp
- Pistachio for garnish
- Peel and wash the beetroot properly and then grate it.
- Add grated beetroot and milk to a heavy bottomed pan, mix and cook until all the milk gets absorbed.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan add cooked beetroot, sugar, cardamom powder salt and nuts mix well .
- As all the moisture evaporates add grated mawa mix , cook another two to three minutes.
- Switch off the gas.
- Garnish with pistachio sarve hot or cool.
- Here I used full cream milk you can use tond milk.
- You can also skip the milk and mawa.
- Besides mawa you can use milk powder.
- Sugar can be add as per your taste.