There are various dishes made from cauliflower/Gobhi like aloo gobhi, Gobhi masala, gobhi matar, gobhi mussallam, gobhi kofta, gobhi paratha, gobhi achar and many more. As I am very fond of cauliflower I have tried lots of dishes from gobhi.
This month we have word G from A to z recipe Challenge so I decided to make gobhi and vegetable cutlets.
I have added some seasonal vegetables like carrots, green peas, corn kennel and beans and made gobhi cutlets which turned out to be delicious. For binding I used roasted chana powder (sattu) and some fresh malai for more richness.
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
Cooking Time:- 20 minutes
Recipe Type:- Starter
Author:- Hem Lata Srivastava
- Gobhi/Cauliflower 1 large
- Fine Chopped Carrots 1/2 Cup
- Fine Chopped beans 1/2 cup
- Corn Kennel 1/2 cup
- Fresh Peas 1/2 cup
- Chopped green chili 1tbsp
- Chopped ginger 1tbsp
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder 1tsp or to taste
- Coriander powder 1tbsp
- Chat masala powder 1tsp
- Black pepper powder 1tsp
- Roasted cumin powder 1tsp
- Roasted chana powder 2tbsp
- One stick of cinnamon
- One piece of mace
- A pinch of heeng
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Fresh Malai 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Desi ghee 1tbsp
Angoor Ki Chutney :-
- Angoor 1cup
- green chili 2
- Coriander leaves 2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cumin powder 1tsp
- Black salt 1/2 tak
- Lemon juice 1tbsp
- Blend together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the stem from Gobhi and put the whole gobhi in lukewarm water for 5 minutes.
- Drain all the water and grate the gobhi , keep aside.
- Boil carrots, beans, corn and peas with 1/2tsp salt, cinnamon and mace until all the vegetables are softened.
- Allow to cool and drain the water.
- Now heat ghee in a pan add cumin seeds and heeng as they change the colour add ginger, green chilli and onion, saute until translucent.
- Add grated Gobhi, stir and mix , roast until all the water evaporates.
- Now add all the vegetables, cream, spices instead of oil
- Mix and cook until the mixture gets thickened like a dough.
- Make cutlets and keep in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Now shallow fry them until golden.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- I used roasted chana powder you can add simple gram flour or bread crumbs for binding.
- You can use more vegetables as per your choice or can also use only cauliflower.
- Heeng is optional .
- We can also use some boiled and mashed potato for binding.