Haldi which is also known as turmeric in english. It is a plant which belongs to ginger family. Turmeric is a brilliant yellow colour spice, commonly used in Indian cuisine which you can find in any grocery stores.
Nowadays turmeric is promoted as a dietary supplement for a variety of conditions, including arthritis, digestive disorders, respiratory infections, allergies, liver disease, depression, and many others.
This month for A to Z challenge from word "H" , I selected Haldi.
Here I made Achar Haldi Vegetable Galouti .
First I made Haldi ka achar then used it in my Galouti.
Preparation Time- one day for pickle
Preparation Time:-20 minutes
Cooking Time :- 10 minutes
Serves :- 6
Author:-Hem Lata Srivastava
Ingredients For Pickle :-
- Kacchi Haldi 1 kg
- Saunf 2 tap
- Red chili powder 1tbsp
- Salt 2tbsp
- Vinegar 1tbsp
- Mustard oil 2tbsp
- Rai powder 1tbsp
Ingredients For Galouti:-
- Finely chopped carrot 2 cup
- Finely chopped beans 2cup
- Boiled and mashed potatoes 2 no.
- Fresh green peas 1 cup
- Chopped green chili 1tbsp
- Chopped ginger 1tbsp
- Chopped onion 1 large
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Spice mix powder 1tsp
- Red chili powder 1tsp
- Chat masala powder 1tsp
- Lemon juice 1tbsp
- Cashew paste 1tbsp
- Desi ghee 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Roasted chana powder 2 tbsp
- Haldi ka achar 2tbsp
- Oil for shallow fry
Method to prepare pickle:-
- Peel wash the Haldi and spread on kitchen towel or a paper.
- Now grate and keep aside.
- Dry roast the fennel and make coarse powder.
- Mix all the ingredients which is mentioned for pickle.
- Add oil, mix and put in a jar.
Recipe Procedure for kebabs:-
- Heat ghee in a pan add cumin seeds, as they change the colour add ginger, green chili and onion, saute until it becomes soft and light golden.
- Now add chopped vegetable and peas, mix and cooK it for two minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and spice mix powder, mix well and lower the heat. Cover and cook till done.
- Open the lid add chat masala powder, mashed potatoes, cashew paste and lemon juice, mix well and mash with potato masher or a laddle .
- Switch off the gas and cool the mixture.
- Once cooled add chana powder, turmeric pickle and coriander leaves mix well and make kebabs.
- Heat a pan or tava shallow fry them until golden.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Spice mix powder recipe:-
- Cloves 4 no
- Black pepper 8 no.
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Black cardmom 1 no
- Green cardmom 2n
- Mace 1 piece
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Coriander seeds 1tsp
- Star anise 1 Piece
- Dry roast all the ingredients and make fine powder into a motar paste or in mixer grinder.
- I used haldi ka achar in my kebabs, you can skip it.
- Add spices as per your taste.
- For spice powder I have used homemade powder you can use garam masala powder.