Haldi which is also known as turmeric in english. It is a plant which belongs to ginger family. Turmeric is a brilliant yellow colour spice, commonly used in Indian cuisine which you can find in any grocery stores.
Nowadays turmeric is promoted as a dietary supplement for a variety of conditions, including arthritis, digestive disorders, respiratory infections, allergies, liver disease, depression, and many others.
This month for A to Z challenge from word "H" , I selected Haldi.
Here I made Achar Haldi Vegetable Galouti .
First I made Haldi ka achar then used it in my Galouti.
Preparation Time- one day for pickle
Preparation Time:-20 minutes
Cooking Time :- 10 minutes
Serves :- 6
Author:-Hem Lata Srivastava
Ingredients For Pickle :-
- Kacchi Haldi 1 kg
- Saunf 2 tap
- Red chili powder 1tbsp
- Salt 2tbsp
- Vinegar 1tbsp
- Mustard oil 2tbsp
- Rai powder 1tbsp
Ingredients For Galouti:-
- Finely chopped carrot 2 cup
- Finely chopped beans 2cup
- Boiled and mashed potatoes 2 no.
- Fresh green peas 1 cup
- Chopped green chili 1tbsp
- Chopped ginger 1tbsp
- Chopped onion 1 large
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Spice mix powder 1tsp
- Red chili powder 1tsp
- Chat masala powder 1tsp
- Lemon juice 1tbsp
- Cashew paste 1tbsp
- Desi ghee 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Roasted chana powder 2 tbsp
- Haldi ka achar 2tbsp
- Oil for shallow fry
Method to prepare pickle:-
- Peel wash the Haldi and spread on kitchen towel or a paper.
- Now grate and keep aside.
- Dry roast the fennel and make coarse powder.
- Mix all the ingredients which is mentioned for pickle.
- Add oil, mix and put in a jar.
Recipe Procedure for kebabs:-
- Heat ghee in a pan add cumin seeds, as they change the colour add ginger, green chili and onion, saute until it becomes soft and light golden.
- Now add chopped vegetable and peas, mix and cooK it for two minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and spice mix powder, mix well and lower the heat. Cover and cook till done.
- Open the lid add chat masala powder, mashed potatoes, cashew paste and lemon juice, mix well and mash with potato masher or a laddle .
- Switch off the gas and cool the mixture.
- Once cooled add chana powder, turmeric pickle and coriander leaves mix well and make kebabs.
- Heat a pan or tava shallow fry them until golden.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Spice mix powder recipe:-
- Cloves 4 no
- Black pepper 8 no.
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Black cardmom 1 no
- Green cardmom 2n
- Mace 1 piece
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Coriander seeds 1tsp
- Star anise 1 Piece
- Dry roast all the ingredients and make fine powder into a motar paste or in mixer grinder.
- I used haldi ka achar in my kebabs, you can skip it.
- Add spices as per your taste.
- For spice powder I have used homemade powder you can use garam masala powder.
This Achari Haldi Galouti Kabab sure seems delectable. These kebabs are packed with nutrition and the raw turmeric is a great immunity booster. Would love to try them out. Great post!ReplyDelete
Thank you so muchDelete
Achari Haldi kababs look so delicious. The pickle flavour must have tasted awesome in this snack. I love spicy and tangy snacks.ReplyDelete
Your varieties of kabab recipes always amazed me. I never tasted pickle in kababs but would love to try this. Using raw turmeric in kababs are packed with nutritious benefits and great taste too. Next time when I visit delhi, I would loved to try your variety of kababs in my snacks. They looks absolutely delicious and lovely recipe!!ReplyDelete
Thank you please do try it onceDelete
You have such a lovely variety of unique kebab recipes. I love how much raw turmeric goes into making this achari kebab the flavours must be amazing.ReplyDelete
This Achari Haldi Galouti Kabab sounds and looks so yummy! I love to use fresh turmeric in my recipes. thank you for this recipe.ReplyDelete
Wow Hema Lata, these galouti kebabs look so inviting. I will have to see if I can get some fresh turmeric to try out this recipe. Perfect as a starter.ReplyDelete
I must say that the recipe is unique. Making of turmeric pickle and using them into the kebab is really interesting idea.ReplyDelete