Makhana is considered to be a super-food with Low GI, rich in flavonoids, and a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fiber, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc.
It can be used in curries, kheer, puddings, and dry roasted snacks.
Fox nuts are great snack food for diabetics and heart patients as they contain good fat and have a low quantity of saturated fats.
Green peas are small, spherical seeds that come from pods that are produced by the Pisum sativum plant.
Green peas are rich sours of fiber and essential nutrients like vitamin C, K, and B complex. Fresh peas are used in various dishes like curries, chat, poori, salads, and many more.
This month we have word M for the A to Z challenge and I choose 2 ingredients for my recipe first is Makhana and the second one is Matar and made Makhana Matar kofta curry.
Preparation Time:- 05 minutes
Cooking Time:- 20 minutes
Recipe Type:- Main course (Indian)
Author:- Hem Lata Srivastava
- Makhana/ Fox nuts 1 cup
- Hari Matar 2 cup
- Paneer 50 gm
- Salt 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1
- Chopped green chili 2no
- Chopped ginger 1 inch
- Gram flour 1 tbsp
- Cornflour 1 tbsp
- Onion 1 large
- Tomatoes 4 no
- Green chili 2 no
- Ginger 1 inch
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts 10 no.
- Green cardamom 2 no
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream 1/2 cup
- Kasoori methi 1 tbsp
- In a pan add 1/2 tsp ghee and roast the makhana on low heat until makhana becomes crisp cool and make a fine powder.
- In the same grinder blend the matar into a smooth paste.
- Now heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan add cumin seeds and let them change the color add chopped green chili and ginger saute a minute add matar paste and makhana powder to it, Mix it well add salt, gram flour mix it well and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Once the mixture gets cool add cornflour mix and make koftas.
- Heat appe pan and fry the koftas till golden on both sides.
- In another pan add tomatoes, garlic, green chili, onions, cinnamon, green cardamom, and cloves let it boil until tomatoes and cashew nuts get soft.
- Switch off the gas once the mixture cools blend into a fine puree.
- Heat ghee and butter in a pan and add cumin seeds as they crackle add tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Cook it for 10 minutes. Add cream mix and switch off the gas.
- put the koftas in a serving bowl pour the gravy, and garnish with fresh cream and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapati, paratha, or rice.
- Here I use appe pan for frying the koftas you can deep fry them.
- You can also add some cashew nuts powder for richness.
This is such a lovely kofta recipe with the addition of makhanas. Will definitely try it.ReplyDelete
It delights me to learn about nutritive kofta being cooked in an appe pan. This is a nutrition packed curry. I am fond of fox nuts . Will dive for this recipe too.ReplyDelete
Please do try it I'm sure you will like itDelete
Wow. this is a stunning dish I will love to make. I am sure when I have guests over it will be highly appreciated too.ReplyDelete
Makhana kofta curry looks so rich and delicious. I think they can beat any five star restaurant food. Now that I have your recipe, surely going to try soon as me or my family have never eaten Makhana koftas.ReplyDelete
Makhna matar kofta curry sounds so incredible. Another interesting recipe from you. You never seize to amaze me. Bookmarking this healthy kofta curry.ReplyDelete