Pata nahi pahle chicken Akbari aya ya aloo Akbari but I think that the aloo Akbari is a veg version of chicken Akbari.
The tastes of Mughlai cuisine vary from extremely mild to spicy, and are often associated with a distinctive aroma and the taste of ground and whole spices.
When I thought to make mushroom Akbari it was a big task for me because mushrooms are very delectable fungus so it needs to be handled carefully.
There is a recipe which is made from potato called aloo akbari in muglai cuisine.
Here I have used mushroom and made mushroom Akbari. Fried Mushroom Kofta stuffed with nuts. And dipped in rich cashew and melon seed based gravy.
For mushroom Akbari first I peel the mushrooms carefully because mushrooms are very delectable fungus so need to be handled carefully.
I stuffed some fine chopped nuts along with grated mawa. Mawa helps to bind all the nuts and gives it more royal taste.
I use raw and boiled banana instead of potato for binding.
Preparation Time:-15 minutes
Cooking Time:- 20 minutes
Serves :- 4
Author:- Hem Lata Srivastava
- Button Mushroom 1 packet
- Boiled banana 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Chopped onion 1tbsp
- Chopped green chili 1no.
- Chopped coriander 1tbsp
- cumin seeds 1tsp
- Roasted chana powder 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Chopped cashew nut 1tsp
- Chopped raisins 1tsp
- Roasted poppy seeds 1/2tsp
- Chopped ginger 1/4tsp
- Chopped green chili 1/4tsp
- Mawa 1tbsp
- Onion diced 1 no
- Garlic cloves 4 no.
- Chopped ginger 1 piece
- Green chili 1no
- Tomatoes 2no
- Cashew nut 6 no
- Melon seeds 1tbsp
- Curd 1tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder 2tsp
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Whole red chili 2 no
- Cloves 4no
- black cardmom 1no
- star anise 1no
- bay leave 1no
- green cardmom 2 no
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- butter 1tbsp
- fresh cream 2tbsp
- kasoori methi 1tsp
- ghee 1tbsp
- Coriander and cream for Garnishing
- Peel and wash the mushrooms carefully then grate them in iced water.
- Grate the banana.
- Heat ghee in a pan add cumin seeds, as they change the colour add green chili and onion... saute until transculant.
- Add mushroom and banana stir and mix salt, coriander leaves and roasted chana powder ,mix it well cook until the mixture becomes like a dough.
- Switch off the gas and allow to cool the mixture.
- In the mean time mix all the filling ingredients.
- Now grease your palm take 1 or 2 tbsp mixture flattened in the center take a little bit filling and place in the middle of the dough, bring the sides of the dough enclosing the nuts in the middle and seal it tightly.
- Make all the Koftas.
- Now heat oil and fry them golden brown.
- Keep them out carefully.
- In a pan boil tomatoes,onion, ginger, garlic, green chili, cashew nuts,melon seeds,red chili and whole spices once tomatoes gets soft switch off the gas.
- Once the mixture gets cool discard all the whole spices and blend into smooth puree.
- Now heat butter in a pan add turmeric powder, chilli powder and then add the puree to it ,stir and cook it for two minutes.
- Mix curd and cream add to the mixture.
- Dry roast the kasoori methi and crush it add to the gravy, add salt.
- Boil the gravy for 5 minutes more add Koftas .
- Switch off the gas.
- Before serving garnish with cream and coriander.
- Serve with chapati or paratha.
- I use raw banana you can use boiled and mashed potatoes.
- I have never used garam masala in my gravy you can add as per your choice.
- Filling can be changed as per your taste.
- We can also serve it with warqi paratha. .
- Once the koftas absorbs the gravy keep them out in a serving bowl.
- Before serving, heat the gravy and pour over the koftas.