This month we have word F from A to Z recipe challenge, which is quite difficult because from word F there is only 2 ingredient one is Feni which I don't like 🙂 and second is Falsa which is quite difficult to get in this season but thanks to Amazon there everything is available.
As I did not get the Falsa fruit but instead I found Falsa fruit juice powder and so I decided to make falsa fruit custard shots.
Falsa fruit also known as Grevia asiatia. As per Wikipedia it was the first found in Varanasi, India and was taken by Buddhist scholars to other Asian countries and rest of world.
It contains abundant amount of vitamin C, innumerable benificial traces of minerals like Sodium and Iron.
Falsa fruit custard shots is so simple to make and it tastes so delicious. We can make it for any party.
Preparation Time:- 5 minutes
Cooking Time:- 15 minutes
Serves :- 4 to 6 persons
Author- Hem Lata Srivastava
- Orange flavoured sweet biscuits 10
- Melted butter 1/2 cup
- Falsa juice powder 2 tbsp
- Full cream milk 1 litre
- Custard powder 3tbsp
- Sugar as per taste
- Pistachio for garnish
- Add orange biscuits in blender and make its fine powder.
- Pour melted butter and mix it well
- Take short cups or short glasses, pour the biscuit mixture set and keep in fridge.
- Dissolve the custard powder in 1 cup milk
- Dissolve the falsa juice powder in 2 tbsp lukewarm pmilk and keep aside
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan after a boil lower the heat add custard powder and stir constantly cook until it becomes thick. It takes 10 to 12 minutes approximately.
- Now add sugar, mix it well and keep stirring. Cook another 5 minutes and switch off the gas.
- Once it cools add falsa powder and mix .
- Now pour the custard onto biscuits mixture, keep them in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with pistachio and serve.
- Here I used orange biscuits you can use any flavour biscuits as per your choice.
- Use condensed milk besides sugar .
- You can use any dry fruits or also can use some chopped seasonal fruit.
- If you get the falsa fruit you can use them. In that case you need to wash them and discard the seeds and use falsa fruit pulp.